To attend Placements on our course our students need to have a Readiness for Practice Certificate. This will include a fitness to practise assessment and certificate before their first placement (Year 1, Term One).
Our Occupational Health Provider (OH Works) will provide all KMMS students with a Fitness to Practise certificate once they have met the following conditions:
- Health questionnaire clearance
- At least one dose of Hepatitis B vaccine OR evidence of immunity
- At least one dose of MMR vaccine OR evidence of immunity to measles and rubella
- At least one dose of Varicella vaccine OR evidence of immunity to varicella
- TB screening and vaccination where required
- COVID-19 risk assessment questionnaire clearance and vaccination status
- Exposure Prone Procedure (EPP) screening
Students may be required to have additional advice and or assessments by occupational health services for health concerns identified by the health questionnaire or during their studies that may affect their fitness to practise.
More information about Occupational Health at KMMS can be found in the OH Works Guide for students. NB Please only fill in the occupational health questionnaire if you are a current offer holder.
Please note that requirements may be subject to change throughout your studies in line with local or national guidance.