What qualifications do I need?
To study at KMMS, you must possess the abilities, commitment and personal qualities that are necessary to deliver the core NHS values and become an excellent doctor.
KMMS welcomes applicants from all backgrounds who have the potential to become good doctors, and serve the National Health Service. KMMS has pioneered ideas in selection, and our policies and procedures are different to most UK medical schools.
When selecting our students, we look for:
- A resilient all-rounder who can demonstrate a range of skills and attributes
- High academic achievement, particularly relative to their school background
- Commitment to quality of care and improvement
- An understanding of NHS core values and the ability to put those values in action
- Compassion, and the ability to treat all people with respect and dignity
- Communication skills and effective team working
- Appreciation of other people’s views and willingness to accept responsibility
- A realistic and committed understanding of medical training and clinical practice
* Disclaimer: This information is for indicative guidance only. KMMS is a new medical school and the BM BS programme is subject to successful progress through the General Medical Council’s quality assurance programme.